Supply Chain Assessment 2008
- more than 75 pages
- 40+ graphs and tables
This new report analyzes the constraint in the main component supplies in one of the worlds fastest growing industries. The report analyzes the present and future MW capacity among approx. 200 of the leading suppliers of casting, forged steel, blades, gearboxes, generators, converters etc. The suppliers are located in Europe, North America and Asia.
At this time, the manufacturers of main components are stretching their limits to increase the production capacities several places around the world; is it enough to balance the increasing demand for wind turbines throughout the world? However, and if to balance the increasing demand, when will that take place?
• Blades will generally be able to meet current demand, but larger blades(>3MW turbines) are still in short supply
• Gearbox capacity will be sufficient during 2008 but the future situation depends on the supply of large bearings
• Electric generators, power converters and transformers will not suffer a lack of capacity
• Large bearings for gearboxes and main shafts and blade pitching bearings are the main bottlenecks in the supply chain
• Casting capacity will be sufficient during 2008. However, constraints will increase towards 2012 if no new additional capacity is commissioned
• Global forging production capacity will be sufficient during 2008-12. Even so, the fact that the geographical distribution of forging capacity is extremely uneven and only a few companies can deliver main shaft larger than 3MW still puts supply under strain.
Download the List of contents
Dowload the Introduction letter & Order form
The price for the report including a CD Rom for PP Presentation with selected tables and graphics is € 600,00 or US$ 900,00 incl. postage. (Courier service available at extra charge).
Corporate license on the CD (For Company Intranet Use only) € 2,200.00 or US$ 3,300.00
Quantity discount are available for the purchase of:
2-5 copies: 10% discount on all copies and >5 copies: 20% discount on all copies
All prices are subject to change without further notice.
For more information, please contact BTM Consult